Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Missable or Dismissable: YouTube video of awful interview

Take this specimen:



It's what I call a classic.

I couldn't get this on TV. Hearing it on the radio would mean missing John Cusack's murderous gaze. And listening to a friend tell me about it would make me go, "Oh, ok. Sounds funny. I'm sure it was awesome."

But actually watching that video makes my day. Because I'm that kind of person.

Which leaves me with only one possible conclusion about this video:

Verdict: MISSABLE

I don't know what doctors have nightmares about. Maybe sewing tennis rackets into people's abdomens. And I don't know what police officers have nightmares about. Maybe arresting the wrong person and then getting invited to the White House for a beer summit, only to have the president serve Bud. Nyuk nyuk.

As for reporters -- at least this reporter -- worries about corrections and, perhaps more terrifying, realizing something is wrong with your story but it's too late to change it. That's the stuff of nightmares. I bet now I'm going to dream about an interview where I confuse John Cusack with... Joan? Clinton with -- Actually, I'll bite my tongue. To do anything else would be... untoward.

No comments:

Post a Comment