Saturday, October 10, 2009

As we walk from Target to the parking lot

My mother, this evening, as we walk from Target to the parking lot after buying Halloween candy, telling me about her day:


"I worked on the garage for most of the afternoon, but I didn't get around to it until later than I planned. I woke up and sat at the computer and, you know how it is, once you sit down it's hard to get up, you start looking at emails, then one thing, another, and half the days is gone."

"Internet addict!" I answer.

She shakes her head in feigned shock and then gives a rueful nod.

"But not like you," she adds.

My mother doesn't know about this idea, yet. I wonder what she would think.

ps: I just went to thesaurus.com to find the word rueful. It was on the tip of my tongue, but I needed to find it by looking up "guilty." It took 2 seconds. So much easier than getting up, picking up a book, flipping through it, scanning the page... ughhhhhh.

[image by amin tabrizi]

No comments:

Post a Comment